Consent of Your Personal Information
Collection of Your Non-Personal and Personal Information
We collect certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site. Limited demographic information, such as the industry you work in, may also be collected and may be linked to your personal information.
We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information.
Personal information includes:
- information collected when you register or visit the site including your member name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, IP address and phone number.
- information collected when you make a purchase including your credit card number and billing address.
- if you become a contributor, information collected when you sign-up as a contributor including (i) banking and other financial institution information required in order for us to compensate you; (ii) your social security number required in order for us to prepare tax forms; and (iii) a copy of your photo identification (for example, your driver’s license).
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- create and manage your membership account;
- process your transactions;
- provide customer service;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, including sending you surveys;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to run contests, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- to run Interactive Areas;
- if you are contributor to the Site, to compensate you and to prepare tax forms;
- if you are a contributor to the Site, to identify your uploaded content as your content;
- to communicate with you about your transactions, new products, and services including transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations; and
- we may also send you marketing emails to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as us, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Personal information disclosed to us may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in a court of competent jurisdiction in the US.
If you have entered into and/or won a contest on or sponsored by the Site, we or a contest sponsor may publish your name and city of residence.
Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the “My Account” section of the site. You may also contact Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Personal Information Preferences
We respect your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, please let us know by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included within each email communication or by email at email@example.com.
If you choose not to receive marketing emails, please be advised that you will continue to receive transactional or account communications and emails (e.g., confirmation emails and account balance statements).
We use “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on our websites and in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters. Web beacons allow us to measure the actions of a user opening the page that contained the web beacon. When you click on a link on a page with a web beacon, we may record your response to customize our offerings to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site. Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
- personal information collected is retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected;
- encrypting credit card information on our order forms using secure socket layer (SSL) technology;
- and storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, you shall not use or enter information on this site, including without limitation, any Interactive Areas of the site without parental consent. Please contact Customer Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain the necessary parental consent forms.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.